You feel like your life is crumbling before you
You’re terrified, broken-hearted, liberated, confused, ready for the next steps but totally unsure what they are.
And maybe, just maybe, there’s a glimmer of hope—excitement, even—about what the future may hold.
You want some clear answers, a detailed plan, and a roadmap of how all this divorce stuff is gonna go. From what you’ve seen, it could be a total shit-show and protecting your kids is at the forefront of your mind.
It’s all so overwhelming, and you want someone with professional expertise as well as personal experience to guide you through it.
Hey there. I’m Kate Anthony. I’m a certified coach who supports mothers on their journey from deciding to separate, all the way through the divorce process—one guided step at a time.
I’m also a divorced mom who’s rebuilt her own life from the bottom up, so I really get it. Like, really.
When I got divorced almost 10 years ago, I was a stay-at-home mom who’d given up a fairly successful career to raise my son. When I finally realized that my marriage truly needed to end in order for my son to be raised in an environment conducive to modeling healthy relationships, I essentially had nothing that was mine.
No money of my own, no career, and (if I’m honest) not much of a self.
Ten years later, and I have a thriving business, real, authentic confidence, a fantastic co-parenting relationship with my ex-husband (with whom I had a really volatile marriage), and a healthy, happy and well-adjusted kid.
I also have a really fun, full, and happy life.
I now use my decade’s worth of professional experience as a parenting coach, co-parenting specialist, life coach and communications strategist—combined with almost 10 years of personal experience as a happily divorced mom—to help moms just like you get through the separation and divorce process as smoothly as possible, and create a brand new life you'll love.
I will help you
- Decide with absolute clarity whether or not to leave your marriage. Looking for a burning bush? I'll help you find it.
- Gain confidence and self-esteem.
- Learn to communicate in healthy, productive, and effective ways (even the hard stuff).
- End the confusing, perseverating, often mean thoughts that are swirling through your head.
- Strategize a detailed exit plan, should you decide to leave, that will support and protect your kids through the process.
- Heal your relationship, should you choose to stay, so you don't fall back into the same rut.
- Craft a detailed co-parenting plan, including checklists and agreements that you can work on with your partner.
- Come up with exact wording for how to talk to your kids and your partner about your decisions.
- Work through what went wrong in your marriage so you never repeat the same patterns again.
While divorce may be one of the scariest transitions of your life, I promise that with my help, it can also be one of the most rewarding.
Click here to see how I work with clients.
I spent 3 years training in various coaching modalities with two of the top coach training organizations in the world: CTI, where I am certified in individual coaching, and CRR Global, where I was trained as an organization and relationship systems coach. I am an expert in interpersonal communication, co-parenting, and emotional intelligence.
In addition to my private practice, I coach Fortune 500 executives in communication, presentation skills, and emotional intelligence in collaboration with the global communications consultancy, Working Voices.
Random (and possibly cool) things you might wanna know about me:
- I share custody 50/50 with my ex, who is an amazing father to our son.
- I was raised in New York City in the 1970s and 80s. It's not as glamorous as it sounds.
- My parents were both actors, and I spent a lot of my childhood backstage, on Broadway and on the road, hobnobbing with some really famous people.
- My parents separated when I was 11-months old, so I spent my childhood coaching my friends on their parents’ divorces. I’ve been doing this a long-ass time.
- My dad changed my diaper in the Oval Office under Nixon, and left my poop-filled diaper in his trash can. We're all really proud of that.
- I have a photographic memory for where things are. I’ve never lost an earring, an earring back or a sock in the dryer (#truestory), and I can find ALL the Lego pieces.
- I am obsessed with true-crime shows, and know more about serial killers than anyone really should.
- I will kick your ass in an Ikea or Lego assemble-off. Little stick dudes really do it for me.
- I was an actor for more than 30 years, starting with five years on Sesame Street and ending with five years on Grey’s Anatomy, with a lot of work in theatre and television in between.